Thursday, April 7, 2011

20 Days With God / Day 2


Day 2 with God

Isaiah 55:1-2, “Ho!  Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat.  Come; buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?  Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance.
<April 5, 2011 / 3:00pm>

Second day with God in one word, “trying”.  I’ve fasted before and I kind of was prepared for what was going to happen on the second day.  I knew my stomach would be growling and tossing and turning to and fro.  But I know within the next day or two, it will go away.  Just got to hang in until then.  And I’ve been really tired as of late, maybe because my body is not running on a lot of energy, so I’ve been going to bed a lot earlier as well.  Can’t wait though to see what God will do through me and reveal in me.  Come Lord Jesus come!

Just reading this verse kind of makes me think of those guys selling their products at swap meet or product shows calling out into the busy crowd, selling their product, giving all the pros and hiding the cons.  They almost demand you to listen to them by whistling, singing, and yelling at you.  Whether it annoys you or captivates you, your attention is diverted to the one speaking.  And so it is when God speaks, He catches our attention!  His calling out to you is either annoying or it is captivating.  I find it funny how God says, ‘Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters”, why?  Because everyone has a thirst to fill.  Jesus said in John 4:13a, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst.”  I thirst for a filling right now, to be filled with the word of God and have it sustain me for the next 19 days.  But I look at the invitation given, that those who have no money come and buy and eat.  Many times over have I spent the value of money for something that I thought would satisfy me, and at the end I find myself still empty even broke.  His invitation screams compassion, “Hey are you broke?  Hey have you tried everything else but this?  Come and try this out, nothing is needed just bring yourself and see.”  Famous words of the Apostle Philip, “Come and see.”  No strings attached just come.  When we come and see, what do we find?  A feast!!!  And at this feast we find the Lord at the head of the table speaking to us.  I’ve been calling out to you for so long, why do you spend on emptiness?  Why do you search for light in darkness?  I am the one that satisfies you completely, “I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to Me will never go hungry and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)  Only in God will I ever find satisfaction.  In Him I have an abundant supply of everything I will ever need, because He is my abundance.  I bless the name above all names, Jesus Christ!

Lord be my abundance, strengthen my feeble and weak knees.  Satisfy me with the fatness of Your word and may it cling to my bones.  Fill my stomach and with the goodness that flows from your mouth, may it be as sweet as honey to my lips.  Keep my wife pure Lord, whoever she may be.  Bless my brother today, speak words of life in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment