Friday, April 1, 2011

20 Days With God / Day 1


     Day 1 with God


Isaiah 52:2-3, “Shake yourself from the dust, rise up, O captive of Jerusalem; Loose yourself from the chains around your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.  For thus says the LORD, You were sold for nothing and you will be redeemed without money.”

<April 4, 2011 / 8:55pm>

Well I’m on my first day of fasting, I’m shooting for 20 days, which I know will be really rough and challenging, but I know that the Lord is my strength.  It’s already been 16 hours without food and so far no tummy growls.  Sometimes I wonder if I am doing this out of my flesh, to be more spiritual, to be more ahhh look at me I’m fasting kind of thing.  All I know is that there should be a time when a Christian should take time to fast, to totally and completely lean on the Lord for strength.  Anyways, Its been a rather interesting day so far.   

I find this verse interesting in the way God is speaking to Isaiah here, and I couldn’t help but notice the way God chose to word Himself.  Loose yourself from the chains around your neck”, and I found this so thought provoking.  Does God put me in chains?  Does God put my face to the dust?  If God were to put chains on my neck then He would be the one that would have to take them off because I am unable to on my own strength.  If God were to put my face to the dust, then He would be the one that would have to lift His hand off of my head.  But what I see, is that if that were true that would portray God as a tyrant.  “You didn’t listen to Me!  You idiot!  Now you will pay!”  And I know God is not like that.  So I got to thinking and it was amazing what the Holy Spirit revealed to me.  If a sheep were to wander from the side of His Shepherd and go outside the gates that protect him; What is that sheep susceptible to?  He can be ripped apart by wild animals, fall in holes, get lost, or die of starvation.  And so it is with those who wander from the safety of Gods hand, susceptible to anything but safety.  So does God put me in chains?  Does God put my face to the dust?  No, it is I who does it.  I am the one held responsible, I put myself in chains, chains that have no lock; chains that I can so easily walk away from.  Without a Shepherd I have no guidance, without Jesus I have no guidance, I am too far in to hear his voice, until He comes looking for me. 

God said, You were sold for nothing”, why?  Because you walked into this willingly, you brought this upon yourself and sold yourself into slavery.  But I have never forgotten you.   I have you inscribed on the palms of My hands.  But I see what is going on, and I find you so valuable that just as you were sold for nothing, so shall “you be redeemed without money”.  For you will be redeemed by blood; the blood of My One and only Son.

Thank you Lord for today, I bless You Father for the promises that you have given to me.  Keep watch my family, friends, loved ones, and my wife whoever she is.  Be my stronghold and my tower my guard and my defense.  I love You Rabonni

No comments:

Post a Comment