Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where Praises Rise Christ Has Risen

Psalm 68:35, "O God, You are Awesome from Your sanctuary.  The God of Israel Himself gives strength and power to the people.  Blessed be God!"




Its been a breakthrough kind of a week for me.  God has really been dealing with me in the area of humbling myself before His throne, ridding me of my pride.  I found my place in an area where i wanted to take over and take control of my life.  I felt like i had a wound that was festering with puss and it was painful almost unbearable.  Maybe you've felt like this and you can humor me when i say that, 'it sucks'.  Sometimes Gods timing His will doesn't line up with ours and to be truthful it can irritate and frustrate the best of us.  Yet the way we view our situations our tribulations, our perspective is misplaced.  It is not the festering wound of puss that hurts, its the alcohol that God is using to rid us of that puss that is causing us to be uncomfortable.  


I was listening to a song by Jesus Culture called 'I Exalt Thee', and i found so much comfort in an area that doesn't really address the comfort but more so The Comforter.  The lyrics are simple, yet meaning is only as close to the heart as is the One who praise is being directed to.


For Thou, O Lord, art high above all the earth
Thou art exalted far above all gods
For Thou, O Lord, art high above all the earth
Thou art exalted far above all gods

I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord
I exalt Thee, I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord



I exalt thee?  O Lord you sit sovereignly on the throne, Lord You are the one who sees me, You are the one who keeps me, guides me, protects me, leads me.  "O God, You are awesome from your sanctuary...", if God is not in the place where He deserves, in His sanctuary of praise then the best we will ever get is misery.  But knowing that God is exalted, high above all the earth, He is indeed awesome and by His awesome might He will work.  I think we can misplace God even in the tiniest aspects, areas of our life all because we forget where He sits, and where He reigns.  Far above the earth, far above pain and suffering, He reigns and rains on us comfort and peace.  Switchfoots song 'Twenty Four' says, "..and your raising the dead in me", and thats exactly what Christ does in the heart of a believer, raising that which was dead and making it alive, creating worship so powerful that it shakes the earth.  Where praises rise Christ has risen!  O Believer!  Rejoice!  Your Maker is in His sanctuary where praises rise, a sweet fragrance to God!


Psalm 33:21, "For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name."  

No comments:

Post a Comment